Subdivisions  |  Lot Split  Transfer  Rezoning  GIS Mapping

How do I transfer property to an adjacent parcel?


The sale or exchange of parcels between adjoining lot owners, where such sale or exchange does not create additional building sites.

What are the rules?

The DCRPC requires an original survey and legal description of each new described parcel to be transferred as well as a deed for that parcel (See Subdivision Regulations Section 207.04). The DCRPC may also require the endorsement of zoning and health officials to ensure that the remainder parcel will meet applicable standards.

What is the cost?

See Fee Schedule - based on a fee per legal description. 

Where do I start?

It is advisable to contact an attorney and/or surveyor. It is also advisable to discuss the project with your township zoning officer and DCRPC staff.

How long does it take?

If the application is not contrary to zoning, health, subdivision, or applicable platting regulations, it shall be approved by the DCRPC within 7 working days. If the application is denied, the DCRPC shall inform the subdivider of the issues and reasons for the disapproval.

Click here to download the Adjacent Property Transfer form.


How do I combine two (or more) parcels?


Individuals may need or choose to combine existing platted or described parcels for various reasons. Because the Regional Planning Commission has no authority over combing parcels, the following is general information only and does not constitute legal advice.

For Tax Purposes

Property owners may wish to receive a single tax bill for more two or more parcels under the same ownership. This can be accomplished by submitting the appropriate form ( to the County Auditorís office. The Regional Planning Commission is not involved.


A new survey may be filed incorporating various lands under a single description. In unplatted or unsubdivided land, this will result in a new single parcel. Consult with a professional surveyor as to the survey standards of the county. 


In platted subdivisions, new descriptions may be filed that reference the existing parcel numbers or platted parcels may be vacated. Again, consult a professional surveyor and note that new surveys must be reviewed by the Countyís Map Department before proceeding to the Auditor.


For Zoning Purposes

When an owner of two or more adjacent parcels chooses (or is required) to combine the land to allow greater flexibility in the placement of the house or other structures/utilities, local zoning may require the "lot combination for tax purposes" described above to be completed prior to the release of a zoning permit.


Again, this process does not require involvement by the Regional Planning Commission.


PLEASE BE ADVISED that some parcels, particularly those within platted subdivisions, may include drainage and/or utility easements that are NOT affected by lot combinations, regardless of the process followed above. Platted easements must be vacated or moved through a process which includes the County Engineerís office and County Commissioners if the owner intends to build within those easements. Some easement which were created by a plat may need to go through the RPC for vacation. 


Where do I start?

For a tax combination through the Auditor, the owner may proceed to the Auditorís office after completing the form above. For a new survey, a surveyor is needed with review by the Map Department.


DCRPC  109 N Sandusky Street, Delaware, OH 43015  Phone: 740.833.2260  Fax: 740.833.2259